Sales Tax Policy
Sales Tax Law:
Texas imposes a 6.25 percent state sales and use tax on all retail sales, leases and rentals of most goods, as well as taxable services. Local taxing jurisdictions (cities, counties, special purpose districts and transit authorities) can also impose up to 2 percent sales and use tax for a maximum combined rate of 8.25 percent.
Sales Resale Certificates and Exemptions:
For sales tax resale certificate and exemptions, please contact us via e-mail, phone or chat. Sales Tax certificates and exemptions are subject to approval. Part of the exemption approval process requires customers to create an account online at houstontentsevents.com with a verifiable phone number, address, business name, sales tax number, and e-mail address.
All resale certificates and exemptions are checked periodically to ensure that they are active and have not expired. All customers are required to keep their information up to date and new forms submitted periodically to maintain exemption.
Sales Tax Percentage:
The amount of tax charged on your order will depend on the origin and the destination of the shipment. The sales tax actually charged will be calculated when your order is placed and will reflect applicable state and local taxes. Factors can sometimes change between the time you begin the checkout process and the time the order is placed, which could affect the calculation of sales tax. The sales tax amount applied to your order during the checkout process is our best estimate and may differ from the amount ultimately charged. If an item is subject to sales tax in the state to which the order is shipped, tax is generally calculated on the total selling price of each individual item, which can include shipping and handling fees.
Houston Tents & Events is not required to collect sales and use tax in all states. If tax has not been calculated on your order, that does not mean that you do not have to remit use tax in your state. You need to check with your states Sales Tax Office to see if you are required to remit use tax on the items that you have purchased.
Gift cards are not charged sales tax, but purchases paid for with gift cards or store credits may be subject to tax. If you have questions about the tax applied to your purchase, please contact Houston Tents & Events Customer Service at 713-346-2012
Texas: Seller has collected the simplified sellers use tax on taxable transactions delivered into Texas and the tax will be remitted on the customer’s behalf to the Texas Department of Revenue.
Tax Exemption Request Form
- Valid email address
- A verified account on Houston Tents & Events on the same email address
- Fill out the request form below.
- Houston Tents & Events will check if you have a verified account with Houston Tents & Events. If account is not verified, we will not be able to continue until account created and verified.
- Houston Tents & Events will check that the information you sent will qualify you for exemption.
- When everything checks out, you will be sent an email with a link to fill out the tax exemption form for the state you specified. If there are any issues, you will receive an email stating why.
- Once you complete your state tax exemption form, Houston Tents & Events will verify the exemption with the state to ensure that it is active and in good standing.
- If tax exemption is verified with the state, you will be exempt when shipping to that state.
- Houston Tents & Events will check tax exemptions on a regular basis and request new forms when needed or required by each state.